Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Here's the first, of many. The Philippines Series

I'm exactly two weeks out from embarking on a journey. I'm not sure what to expect, but everyone seems to be expecting for me. My life changing event...

I leave to study and intern in the Philippines, after a quick, but much needed stop in Phoenix to visit family, and a 24-hour layover in Honolulu. I'll be there for the better part of a year.

I don't know what to expect, except for everything new. There's going to be some culture shock, some language block and a lot of adventure.

I'll be attending the University of the Philippines in Los Banos, and then interning on the province of Palawan.

Studying who knows what, (seriously, I have no idea yet which classes I'll be taking), and filming a documentary, I should be pretty busy.

I plan to update as often as possible. I would like to take you all with me on the adventure, so I'm going to do my best to highlight all the parts. Good, bad and in between.

For now, I have a few blogs to post for class, here at MSU, and my last final for the semester to get into my head. So long, talk soon.

1 comment:

  1. Go and Live my child ! love you, be safe, watch your back, stand on your luggage in lines, passport in front of you, (not in back pocket), stop and smell the rainforest,(slow down and breathe), don't be a stranger, communicate so 'they' know where your are! ~ best, mom

    ReplyDelete